Friday, February 18, 2005

Things I Almost Did But Didn't Quite Do...



Inspired by Deana's blog of 50 things she never has done and by Chad's blog of 25 things he has done, I am listing 10 things that I almost did but didn't quite do:


1. I almost didn't have Deana as a daughter. My wife's second pregnancy failed so we tried again. Out popped Deana...

2. I almost went swimming in one of the bottomless lakes outside of Roswell, New Mexico. I chickened out.

3. I almost made a career out of public accounting. I earned an accounting degree at Abilene Christian College. Two years after graduation I decided I did not like accounting.

4. I almost crashed while landing a Cessna 172 aircraft at the Abilene Municipal Airport. Wind shear nearly pushed my plane to the ground prior to reaching the runway.

5. I almost experienced being bitten by a water moccasin snake.

6. I almost experienced being bitten by a sidewinder rattlesnake.

7. I almost experienced being bitten by a copperhead snake.

8. I almost drowned in the Y.M.C.A swimming pool in Beaumont, Texas.

9. I almost spent the night in jail in Beaumont, Texas.

10. I almost thought of 10 things that I almost did but didn't quite do. Nine are all that I could strum up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home